Do you know the secret behind a sweet, sparkling smile? Well, the credit always goes to that perfect set of pearly white teeth of yours.
But, what if due to some accident or old age, you have to face tooth loss?
Losing a tooth not only sabotages the aesthetic beauty of a face or a smile, but it also becomes a matter of great discomfort with the inability to chew. At Bridge Rd Dental, one of the reputed dentist in Hawthorn, we understand all those concerns associated with the tooth loss, and hence we suggest giving dental implants a try.
But, of course, there must be thousands of questions hovering in your head right now regarding dental implants.
How do dental implants work? Is it absolutely safe? Can any dentist in Hawthorn perform that? What is the cost?…
Hold on a second… nothing to worry… here we are to explain to you the basics of dental implants step by step.
What are dental implants?
In simplified terms, dental implants can be regarded as artificial roots or anchor to hold a non-natural tooth in place just like the gum holding a natural tooth. Implants are made from strong material such as titanium, which is also a biocompatible substance that merges with the jawbone with the passage of time.
How do dental implants work?
Dental implants are designed as a small screw or cap that is inserted in the jawbone. Over time when the screw fuses with the jaw, an artificial tooth is mounted. Once the teeth are fixed in the cap, it remains there permanently. The benefit of dental implants is that it completely resembles the natural teeth and you can also chew food comfortably without any worry of your teeth falling out.
What are the steps involved in dental implants?
At Bridge Rd Dental, we observe 3 simple steps to perform this dental operation.
- Our most skilled dentist in Hawthorn will place the implant in the jawbone surgically and a certain amount of time is provided to allow the implant to settle perfectly. In this period, an artificial tooth will be proffered to fill the gap between the teeth.
- After a period of nearly 3 months elapse, an impression of the crown is taken, and the colour of the tooth enamel is also matched to facilitate you the most natural looking teeth.
- Then, once the crown is ready, it is mounted over the implant, thus presenting a natural looking tooth.
Who are eligible for implants?
After a thorough dental evaluation using X-rays, CT scans, etc. anybody who comes out with healthy gums, suitable jawbone density and without any sign of periodontitis can undergo dental implants. Another noteworthy characteristic is that the person going for dental implants should be a non-smoker. Smoking damages the dental implants.
What are the oral care tips for implants?
- Brush your teeth twice daily without fail.
- Daily flossing is a must as it helps in preventing the accumulation of food remains in the teeth gaps.
- Don’t forget to pay a visit to your dentist in Hawthorn regularly to avert any sort of inflammation of gums or teeth around the implants.
- Lastly, avoid eating hard food substances as that might chip or put strain on the implants.
We, Bridge Rd Dental, pride ourselves in providing superior quality dental services as we believe in giving everyone a genuine reason to smile. So, if you still thinking about getting implants, then it’s time to stop thinking and just get it done.
Get your dental implants today for a bright and beautiful smile!